The Bilateral Educational Agreement is one of the numerous scholarships offered by the Federal Government of Nigeria to its citizens through the Federal Scholarship Boards under the Federal Ministry of Education to study in countries that have entered bilateral agreement with Nigeria for the programme.
Eligible countries under this scholarship scheme are:
Undergraduate: – Russia, Morocco, Algeria, Serbia, Hungary, Egypt, Turkey, Cuba, Romania, Ukraine, Japan, Macedonia; and
Postgraduate:- Russia (for those whose first degrees were obtained from Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Turkey, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, e.t.c.
Available Fields of Study include:
- Environmental Sciences
- Social Sciences
- Medicine (very limited) etc. for the Undergraduate Level while Postgraduate Level (Masters Degree and Ph.D) is all fields.
Eligibility criteria for Undergraduate Scholarship:
- All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of five (5) distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secoundary School Certificate, WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics.
- Certificates should not be more than Two (2) years old (2015 & 2016).
- Age limit is from 18 to 20 years.
Eligibility criteria for Postgraduate Scholarship:
- All applicants must hold a first degree with at least 2nd Class Upper Division.
- The applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have completed at least two (2) years post qualification or employment practice in Nigeria.
- All applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C.
- Age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D.
The interviews for the scholarship is scheduled to hold between Monday, February 13 to Thursday, February 16, 2017 across the six geopolitical zones of Nigeria. All eligible applicants are to report for the interview at the venues scheduled for their respective zones of origin for proper identification.
Applicants are also expected to come along with the following documents and attachments listed below which are usually submitted at the various interview centres:
- Two (2) sets of the Printed Completed application forms
- Two (2) sets of Photocopies of Educational Certificates and Testimonials of previous schools attended with the originals for authentication;
- One certificate is accepted i.e WAEC of May/June only;
- Statement of results must be confirmed by WAEC and forwarded to the Director/Secretary, Federal Scholarship Board, Abuja;
- Two (2) copies of Birth certificate
- State of Origin/LGA certificate duly signed, stamped and dated;
- Four (4) passport sized coloured photographs on white background;
- Academic transcripts and NYSC certificates will be required from applicants for Postgraduate Studies.
NB: Candidates nominated and finally selected by the awarding BEA countries will be required to submit to Federal Scholarship Board the following:
- Photocopies of Authenticated academic certificates;
- Data page of current International passport, and
- Specified Medical Reports & Police clearance certificate.
Since the BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants should be prepared to undertake a mandatory one year foreign language of the country of choice which will be the standard medium of instruction; and
All applicants for Hungarian Scholarship must visit the website: www.stipendumhungaricum.hu.
Click Here to start your Online Application Now or visit a cyber cafe near you.
Lover of Tech, Music and Entertainment